1/1 Photo of Lemon Souffle Pancakes
A tangy taste. great with powdered sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese or 2 cups ricotta cheese (not nonfat)
- 1/4 cup canola oil or 1/4 cup other high-quality vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced fresh lemon zest (optional)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 3In a food processor or blender, combine the egg yolks, cottage or ricotta cheese, oil, sugar, salt, lemon juice and zest (if using), baking powder, and flour and blend until smooth.
- 4Fold in the egg whites.
- 5Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle or large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, then lightly brush with melted butter or oil or spray with oil.
- 6Pour the batter, about ¼ cup for each pancake, onto the cooking surface.
- 7Cook until the tops are bubbly, then turn and cook until the bottoms are browned.
- 8Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Souffle Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 217.5 mg
- Sodium 812.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.8 g