A tangy taste. great with powdered sugar.
Make and share this Lemon Souffle Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese or 2 cups ricotta cheese (not nonfat)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup other high-quality vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced fresh lemon zest (optional)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the egg yolks, cottage or ricotta cheese, oil, sugar, salt, lemon juice and zest (if using), baking powder, and flour and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle or large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, then lightly brush with melted butter or oil or spray with oil.
- Pour the batter, about ¼ cup for each pancake, onto the cooking surface.
- Cook until the tops are bubbly, then turn and cook until the bottoms are browned.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.