1/2 Photos of Light Hash Brown Omelette
Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV's Note:
I like a hearty breakfast but I need to keep the calorie count low. So I am always experimenting. This is one I really like and it is filling as well as being easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice onions and add to shredded potatoes.
- 2Place shredded potatoes and onion in medium size fry pan prepared with vegetable spray (if you don't have shredded potatoes on hand refer to note below). Keep potatoes separated as much as possible while browning, you do not want a patty.
- 3When potatoes are well browned add ham cubes and mix well.
- 4Lower heat to medium low. Pour egg substitute evenly over potato mixture and cook till almost set. Turn mixture over (it will not turn easily or neatly but after turning simply spread with spatula to an even round shape).
- 5When eggs are set well tear cheese slice into strips and lay across one half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half over the cheese slice and serve.
- 6NOTE: No cooked potatoes on hand? Microwave a potato for about 2-3 minutes. Slice in half lengthwise and place in cold water for about 2-3 minutes. Shred each half without peeling. Keep the peel against your palm while shredding and most of the peel will remain in your hand. Discard the peel and continue with recipe.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Hash Brown Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 553.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: