cookin' from scratch's Note:
Slightly adapted from the Food Network's "Low Carb and Loving It". Recipe is posted using regular milk in order to get nutrition info-using low-carb milk will lower net carbs per muffin by about 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Spray a muffin tin with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl using a wire whisk, mix all ingredients, except the blueberries, until well blended.
- 4Fold in the blueberries and fill the muffins cups evenly with the batter.
- 5Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- 6Remove from oven and let cool before refrigerating.
- 7Notes: Adding wheat gluten will make the muffins fluffier and help them stick together better, but the recipe works without it.
- 8I also made these substituting flavored Splenda syrup for the club soda and powdered Splenda, with good results.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Atkins Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 97.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g