Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
i found this on another low carb site. Smells wonderful while cooking
Make and share this Low Carb Fake French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese or 1 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 2 (1/16 ounce) packages Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- sour cream
- Spray pan with pam ,.
- mix all ingredients except sour cream and one pkg of Splenda.
- cook over med heat turn once this may be hard to do,.
- when done serve with sour cream mixed with Splenda.
I just made this. Instead of topping with sour cream, I topped with chopped toasted pecans. It was delicious. (I will omit nutmeg next time.) It really does taste like French Toast.
I have to admit I'm a skeptic when it comes to LC mock dishes. I have yet to try any that have wowed me, until now! I though "realistically, how can ricotta cheese even resemble french toast?" but it totally does!! I cooked mine in a frying pan with a bit of oil and made them the size of silver dollar pancakes. They were so good i made a second batch! MMMMMM! with butter and SF syrup, i couldn't tell the difference!!
This was really good!! I used egg beaters and fat free cottage cheese and it was good and actually was very similar to french toast. Thanks for posting!