Dee-lish! Serve with salsa or ketchup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sute onion and pepper in oil until beginning to soften. Add sausage, and, when the sausage is beginning to brown, add the ham. Saute for several minutes more.
- 2Spray a casserole with non-stick spray, and layer 1/2 of the pepper/onion/meat mix in the bottom of the casserole. Top with 1/2 cup of the baking mix (low-fat bisquik) and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 3Cover the cheese layer with the remaining pepper/onion/meat mix, and top with the remaining baking mix and cheese.
- 4In a large bowl, mix the egg substitute, milk, and spices. Pour the egg mixture over the layers in the casserole, and, with a knife, mix the casserole layers slightly to let the egg mixture penetrate all. At this point, the casserole can be covered to sit in the fridge overnight, or it can be baked immediately. (I prefer to let it sit; the flavors meld and improve).
- 5To bake: Preheat oven to 350 F and bake for 30-45 minutes, until set in the middle. Let cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 587.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean turkey sausage
low-fat baking mix