Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Perfect for busy holiday mornings.
Make and share this Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 lb sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Spread croutons on bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Crumble cooked sausage over croutons.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl until blended. Stir in soup, spinach, mushrooms, cheeses and mustard. Pour egg mixture over sausage and croutons.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325. Bake egg mixture 50-55 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top.
I love this recipe, as it goes beyond your standard "bacon and egg" casserole. The croutons, sausage and spinach work well together to give this dish a perky flavor. I felt the spinach was a bit overwhelming, so cut that in half the second time I made this recipe. I used Italian sausage, instead of typical breakfast sausage. Will be preparing it for a family reunion of 14 hungry adults - thanks for a great idea! Viclynn