Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sure to be a hit from Curtis Aikens and the food network. I'm posting this for ZWT 5 -Australia.
Make and share this Mango Macadamia Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced mangoes
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the mango, orange juice, coconut, and macadamia nuts and combine.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the mango mixture. Stir until the batter combines.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour.
Wow.... this is to die for. Very moist and lovely flavor. So much better than plain old banana bread.This gem goes directly to my favorite bread reicpes. Made for I reviewed recipe tag.
What a neat way to use mango! I really liked this bread. I grinded my own whole wheat from hard red wheat berries and used apple juice instead of orange, other than that, I followed the recipe as indicated. I would have liked a few more nuts myself. I was impressed at how the mango turned out in the bread, although the taste of the mango wasn't really noticeable.
Originally rated on 5/21/09 - This recipe made it into my book#266453. LOVE this bread. Wow. Such a delicious combination of flavors. I used roasted, salted macadamia nuts. I had one small slice and I'm using every bit of self-control to not go back into the kitchen for more. The bread is moist and flavorful, with hints of tropical flavors AND a slight crunch,due to the macadamias. Fantastic. Try this! ~Made for ZWT5 - Epicurean Queens~