ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!! The flavor of maple syrup and pecans can not be beat!! These fluffy, flavorful pancakes will please your family or guests! Quick and easy preparation!
- Use two medium size bowls for mixing dry and wet ingredients separately.
- In one bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar and chopped pecans. In other bowl mix beaten egg, buttermilk, melted butter and maple syrup.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moist, leaving any lumps.
- Heat griddle or frying pan to a low-medium heat. Add small amount of vegetable oil and pour 1/4 cup of batter (approximately 3 or 4 tablespoons) for each pancake.
- Cook first side of pancakes until bubbles appear on top (about 2 minutes) and carefully turn with a spatula and allow second side to cook 2 minutes. Remove to a platter and continue until all batter is used.
- Sprinkle with additional 1/4 cup of pecans and top with maple syrup.