1/1 Photo of Meaty Country Breakfast Scramble
Shaman Chef's Note:
A meaty, stick to your bones, simple dish that will please the whole family. A real meat and potatoes basic dish, a definite comfort food. I developed this on my own after not being fully satisfied from frozen pre-made skillet/scrambles. For this dish I recommend you break out two large skillets. The meal, in my opinion, almost tastes better the second time around. A definite meal ideal for leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) O'Brien potatoes
- 1 (1 lb) breakfast sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) ham, diced (or julienne works just as well)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (color of your choice, I mix it up depending on the season)
- 1 (8 ounce) button mushrooms, sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 4 teaspoons black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1Get 2 large skillets / sauce pans.
- 2In the first pan put enough oil to lubricate and brown the potatoes O'Brien on med to high heat, stirring occasionally (per package directions, yours may vary).
- 3In the second pan brown the breakfast sausage.
- 4In a bowl beat the eggs along with the milk and set aside.
- 5Just as the sausage finishes browning, toss in the ham with it to put a little color on it (it's diced and pre-cooked generally, so this should go quick).
- 6Right after you add the ham to the sausage, add the green onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the potatoes O'Brien in the first pan, and sauté the potatoes and veggies together for about 5 minutes.
- 7Once the ham has browned slightly, drain the fat, and add the sausage and ham to the first pan with the potatoes and veggies and stir the mixture together, then stir occasionally.
- 8After dumping the sausage and ham, put the pan back on the heat and use it to scramble your eggs (the grease from the sausage will do a wonderful job lubricating the pan and imparting a little flavor to the eggs).
- 9Once the eggs are scrambled fold them into the first pan, do not over mix, or you will turn the texture to mush.
- 10Top the mixture with cheese, and gently stir to mix in the cheese,.
- 11Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Country Breakfast Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.3
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 554.4 mg
- Sodium 2867.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 50.3 g