bluemoon downunder's Note:
Adapted from Huey's recipe of the same name. Huey (Iain Hewitson) is an Australian chef who has written several books and whose highly popular TV cooking show appears twice daily. A tasty breakfast or brunch dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200 g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 6 basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup cream, low fat is fine
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 slices country bread (thick slices)
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1Heat the butter and oil in a large non-stick pan and sauté the tomatoes and mushrooms, until they begin to soften (about 2-3 minutes).
- 2At the same time, beat together the eggs, basil, cream, seasonings and parmesan with a fork; then add them to the tomatoes and mushrooms and scramble.
- 3Grill or toast the bread and panfry the prosciutto in a little oil (preferably in a non-stick pan) until crisp.
- 4To serve, place a piece of bread on each plate and top with the scrambled eggs and then the prosciutto. Garnish with a sprig of basil.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.1
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 674.9 mg
- Sodium 663.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: