Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came to me by way of my sister Debbie. A great breakfast muffin that we enjoy with a cup of tea on a late Sunday morning or any time.
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg yolks.
- Sift flour, baking powder& salt together& add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in egg whites& vanilla.
- Add floured blueberries.
- Line muffin tins with muffin cups.
- Fill 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Delicious and got rave reviews from the young critics in my family!
These are awesome! My only change will be next time to purchase the large sugar crystals to sprinkle on top for more of a sweet bite and also presentation.
Delicious ... light and fluffy, recipe is a keeper :)