Literary Mom's Note:
Wanted to use up old mealy apples and ended up with a scrumptious, almost dessert-like creation! I adapted this from an internet microwave apple sauce recipe and the Joy of Cooking's french apple sauce recipe. Funny thing is they both called for sugar, but I don't think it needs it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and cut apples into small chunks.
- 2Place in microwave safe casserole dish with butter and cinnamon.
- 3Cook uncovered on high 10 minutes (stir a few times).
- 4Let it cool a bit (I'm impatient so I only wait like 3 minutes).
- 5Put the apple mixture in the blender (or food processor I suppose) and puree until smooth.
- 6If you prefer it chunky, leave out some of the apples and add them to the puree.
- 7Or if you want a compote, don't blend it at all.
- 8This is yummy as is, but if you enjoy a hint of vanilla, then go ahead and add a dash.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Blender Gourmet Applesauce or Compote (Sugar-Free!)
Serving Size: 1 (924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g