Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A favorite Tex-Mex breakfast. Serve with sausage or chorizo, refried beans, and warmed corn tortillas, if desired.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons green peppers, chopped
- tostados, crumbled
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add Tabasco into eggs and pour into skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- When eggs are almost set, add cheese.
- Turn heat to lowest setting, add tostados and finish cooking.
Delicious, different way to prepare eggs. This was a snap to prepare and tasted great. Notes: I chose to briefly saute the onions and pepeprs in the butter first for about 1-2 minutes before ading the eggs and also used 4 large plain tortilla chips, crumbled for the crumbled tostadas part- I felt this was the perfect amount.
Easy and tasty! This was very quick to prepare and had lots of flavor and crunch. Thanks for sharing!
Yum! Never heard of these before, but came across them for a brunch menu! VERY easy to make and the crumbled tostados are an amazing addition! I made mine omelet style and it was a huge hit! Thanks for posting!