Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! Need I say more? These scones are rich, bold and aromatic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 7 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso beans, finely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together flour, chocolate, sugar, baking powder, ground coffee and salt.
- 4Stir cream into flour mixture, mixing just until a soft, shaggy dough forms.
- 5On a lightly floured work surface, knead dough lightly just until it holds together.
- 6Divide dough into 8 pieces and roll into balls.
- 7Transfer balls to prepared baking sheet, abotu 2 inches apart.
- 8Lightly press each ball to flatten slightly into a 3/4 inch thick disc.
- 9Bake in preheated ovenfor 20-25 minutes, or until top and edges are very firm to the touch.
- 10Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- 11For the topping, stir powdered sugar with coffee to make a thin icing; drizzle over cooled scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Chocolate Latte Scones
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.8
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 243.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: