Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! Need I say more? These scones are rich, bold and aromatic!
Make and share this Milk Chocolate Latte Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, chocolate, sugar, baking powder, ground coffee and salt.
- Stir cream into flour mixture, mixing just until a soft, shaggy dough forms.
- On a lightly floured work surface, knead dough lightly just until it holds together.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces and roll into balls.
- Transfer balls to prepared baking sheet, abotu 2 inches apart.
- Lightly press each ball to flatten slightly into a 3/4 inch thick disc.
- Bake in preheated ovenfor 20-25 minutes, or until top and edges are very firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- For the topping, stir powdered sugar with coffee to make a thin icing; drizzle over cooled scones.
yum, these are gorgeous. I didn't use the glaze & I don't think they needed it, were great without. I think the sugar could probably be cut out too as the chocolate gives plenty of sweetness. I used self-raising flour & no baking powder and a caramel coffee..yummo.
I took these to work today and they were a huge hit! I followed the recipe exactly except I formed them different. I like scones to look like scones, not circles. Here is an alternate way to shape them... I rolled the dough out into a rectangle, cut it into 3 squares, then cut the squares in a diagonal to make 6 triangles, I then cut those in half to make little triangles. They looked more sconey (is that a word?) that way :) Thanks for the yummy recipe!