I found this among my printed out recipes from last year. I have no idea now where it came from as I had cut it to fit in my folder. They are very easy to make and are great for lunch boxes. They also go well with a salad for a tasty lunch/brunch or supper. **Note I use non stick metal muffin pans which I give a light quick burst of rice bran oil cooking spray, (from a can).
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1 large courgette (zucchini, grated)
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned corn
- 1⁄4 cup edam cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use either rice bran oil or canola oil)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Pre heat the oven to 180'C.
- Saute the onion in the 2 teaspoons of oil over med heat until soft.
- Place the grated carrot & courgette into a large bowl. Add the cooked onion, cheese, corn, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine the second measure of oil with the eggs.
- Pour the egg mix into the vegetable mixture and mix lightly.
- Spoon into 12 lightly greased muffin pans.
- Sprinkle with the seeds and bake in a moderate oven (180'C) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove from pans. Either eat while hot or warm or, cool and use in packed lunches.
Nice flavours and super easy to make. I thought the sunflower seeds were a nice addition as they toasted in the oven and gave a nice nutty crunch to the frittatas. I used brown rice flour to suit my gluten-free diet. I thought the frittatas were difficult to remove from my silicon muffin pans when first out of the oven but they were easier after about 5 minutes. I think I shoukd have added less oil and more flour....but that was my mistake with my first attempt at this recipe and trying to make gf suitable. Thought these were great a room temp
ABSOLUTELY GREAt TASTING FRITTATAS, & as with others who made this recipe, I did not include the oil! Originally I was going to cut the recipe in half, but am glad I didn't 'cause these are so satisfying that they're great for any meal of the day! I'll definitely be keeping this recipe on hand! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]
We really enjoyed these! I added a yellow squash, and used feta for the cheese. I also omitted the oil based on other reviews and it worked out really well. Thanks for a great dinner!