Bohemian Chef's Note:
This is my original recipe. I learned how to make these from my son's grandmother and she learned from her Norwegian mother. Unfortunately, formal measurements were never part of the recipe until I came along. Using the blender for this recipe is also my idea. These are wonderful...and are an ideal way of getting a balky child to eat eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break a dozen eggs into a blender jar and blend until just barely foamy.
- 2Gradually add the 2 cups of flour.
- 3Blend on high until the batter smooths out.
- 4You may have to add a bit more flour to accomplish this.
- 5Add the evaporated milk and blend on low until thoroughly mixed.
- 6Add the water sugar and vanilla: blend on low until well mixed.
- 7To cook the pancakes, melt a lump of butter or margarine on the bottom of a well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- 8You may have to turn the burner down if the pancakes start getting too dark.
- 9Ladle between 1/2 to 2/3 cup batter into the heated skillet.
- 10Quickly and carefully rotate it so that the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- 11The pancake is ready to flip when its surface becomes dull.
- 12I use a metal icing spatula to get underneath and flip it over.
- 13The second side needs just a few seconds to cook, then the pancake can be removed to a waiting plate.
- 14Proceed with the next pancake.
- 15The skillet will need to be rebuttered about every 5 pancakes or so.
- 16I keep the waiting pile of pancakes warm on a plate covered with a clean dishtowel.
- 17To serve, butter the pancake and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 18Roll up, cut into bite-sized sections and EAT!
- 19Once you get used to doing this, you develop a rhythm.
- 20I can cook an entire recipe's worth of these (around 24 pancakes) in about 15 minutes.
- 21Recipe yield can be variable depending on the size of the skillet used.
- 22These look a lot like crepes, and are cooked in essentially the same way, but are quite a bit more substantial on account of the number of eggs used in the recipe.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momoo's Norwegian Thin Egg Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 50.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g