1/2 Photos of Morning Applesauce Loaf (Oamc)
2 hrs 30 mins
For those who like (or need) to eat breakfast on the go, this is a great option. Be warned, though, that this cooks at a low temperature for 2 hours, then it really needs to sit for a good day before you slice it (which is not included in the prep time) but it is absolutely awesome with coffee, tea, or milk. You can make this when you have the time and freeze it by the slab (I meant slice) for quick thawing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups sweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (your choice, but I prefer walnuts)
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Beat shortening and sugar together until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Sift together 2 cups of the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices. Add alternately with applesauce to creamed mixture; blend well. Stir in oats.
- 4Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour with raisins, dates, and nuts; stir to coat fruits and nuts evenly with flour. Stir into batter.
- 5Pour into 2 greased and waxed paper-lined 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" x 2-1/2" loaf pans. Set a pan of hot water in the bottom of oven before adding loaves.
- 6Bake loaves for 2 hours. Loosen edges; cool on wire rack about.
- 710 minutes. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly. Wrap cooled bread.
- 8in plastic and store one day before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morning Applesauce Loaf (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (2245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3739.6
- Calories from Fat 1426
- Total Fat 158.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.5 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 2975.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 543.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.2 g
- Sugars 253.8 g
- Protein 65.2 g