Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the name of these and the taste is even better! These muffins have a little bit of everything in them, carrot, apple, cococnut, nuts, raisins, and more! SO YUMMY! I usually make a double batch and freeze the extras.
- Into a large bowl mix the first five ingredients.
- Stir in the next five ingredients.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture until the batter is just combined.
- Spoon into well greased muffin cups, filling to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Makes about 14 large muffins.
These are good, but kind of too sweet for me - maybe it is because I used Splenda for half of the sugar. I used 4 oz of unsweetened applesause for 1/2 of the oil and used canola for the other half. I've had another recipe with pineapple in them. If I find it, I will post... I squeezed all the batter I had into 12 muffins, so it took a while longer to cook.
WOW! So yummy. Just came out of the oven and my family attacked them. Changes I made: Softened butter instead of oil, muslix mix in place of nuts/coconut and I always use unrefined sugar and non-bleached flour. It only made 8 large muffins though. We all loved these.
Great Muffins - our family loved them! Because we always try to make anything as healthy as possible without comprising taste - we not only subsituted 1/2 c applesauce for the oil, we subbed 1 cup of soy flour to add protein. Didn't have an apple, so we used crushed pineapple and WOW! Very forgiving recipe!!