1/2 Photos of M'shewsha - Algerian Egg Dish for Breakfast or Coffee
Um Safia's Note:
This is a traditional family recipe for M'shewsha. M'shewsha is a delicious Algerian dish made with lots of eggs, a little semolina & a little flour. You pour warm honey over it & allow it to soak in........delicious! M'shewsha can be enjoyed for breakfast or with afternoon coffee - it tastes like a cross between a fluffy pancake & French toast! Traditional, it is thought to give you a lot of strength - manual labourers eat it often, as do women who've just had a baby! This is also great for Suhor during Ramadan - yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour all the ingredients into a blender / liquidizer & mix well.
- 2Pour into a large (25cm-30cm) non stick frying pan / skillet. If you don't have a non stick pan, just wipe or spray with a littlle cooking oil first.
- 3Cook on a low- only just medium heat with the lid on until it is puffed up, the sides come away from the pan & the top is almost totally firm & no longer sticky - this should take about 15 minutes.
- 4Carefully, slide the M'shewsah onto a dinner plate (you mustn't knock it or it will deflate!) Then return to the pan, with the cooked side up - hold the pan over the plate & flip carefully.
- 5Cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes & turn out onto a plate.
- 6Warm honey in the microwave until just warm enough to pour.
- 7Cut the M'shewsha into 8 slices - but do not separate the slices. Pour the honey all over & allow to soak for a minute or two before serving.
- 8You can eat M'shewsha warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for M'shewsha - Algerian Egg Dish for Breakfast or Coffee
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.3
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 232.5 mg
- Sodium 265.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g