1/4 Photos of Muesli in a Slow Cooker / Crock Pot
1 hr 10 mins
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
Crunchy muesli that the whole family will adore. Beats any store bought Muesli hands down and much cheaper too. PS: If you enjoy 'Fast Food' and lots of sweet things, please don't try this recipe. It is quite possibly a recipe that is not designed to appeal to an American palate. It is more of a low fat/low sugar version, a breakfast that will keep you going for hours without the hit of a low blood sugar levels within a short period of time. I find that when I have this for breakfast, I'm not hungry again until 1 - 2 pm. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1182.95 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml baking natural bran
- 236.59 ml wheat germ
- 118.29 ml coconut (desiccated, thread or slices)
- 118.29 ml raw sugar (white will not work)
- 59.16 ml oil (I use olive)
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- sesame seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- linseeds, Use any mixture of the above up to 1 1/2
- 1Pre-heat the crock pot on high for 20 minutes.
- 2Combine grains, seeds, nuts, sugar, oil and vanilla in the crock-pot.
- 3Add the oil and vanilla and stir thoroughly.
- 4Cover with lid and cook on high for about 2 hours stirring once or twice while cooking.
- 5Remove lid after cooking is finished, stir thoroughly and allow to cool completely before stirring in the dried fruit and then storing in an air-tight container. The Tupperware cereal container is perfect.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muesli in a Slow Cooker / Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g