Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My doctor gave me this with instructions to eat it every day, and it would lower my sugars, cholesterol, triglycerides, and kick start my weight loss. And he was right, all those things happened. Buy all these goodies as organic as you can, unsalted and unsweetened. When I make it, I leave out the nuts and raisins
- 118.29 ml ground flax seeds
- 118.29 ml wheat germ
- 236.59 ml wheat bran
- 1419.54 ml old fashioned oats (not instant nor quick)
- 236.59 ml barley, flakes
- 236.59 ml rye flakes
- 118.29 ml unsweetened flaked coconut
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 59.14 ml unsalted pumpkin seeds (roasted)
- 236.59 ml sunflower seeds
- 59.14 ml almonds
- 59.14 ml ground walnuts
- 118.29 ml sesame seeds
- Mix all together in a large bowl.
- Store in a large, glass jar. (not plastic).
- Serve 1/2 cup with skim milk and no fat yogurt, and some stewed fruit or blue berries.
- It's a good idea to let muesli sit for a few minutes in the milk, to soften the oats. You can eat it cold or warm it in the microwave.
Very good and healthy breakfast choice.
Delish! Using steel cut oats and pearled barley - also added some hazelnuts. I add a small banana or a grated Granny Smith apple.<br/>One cup of muesli, a cup of low-fat yoghurt and 1/4 cup of water - soak overnight.<br/>takes me through the first 6 hours of the day.