Using my Biscuit Mix, these different variations give you many delicious, quick, and easy ways of adding muffins to your meal! The recipe is for Basic Muffins, with the variations given below. Commercial biscuit mixes also may be used.
- Stir sugar into mix.
- Beat egg & water together.
- Stir into mix.
- Beat about 15 strokes (mixture will be a bit lumpy--this is okay!).
- Grease muffin cups.
- Fill cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes.
- VARIATIONS: NOTE: Some additional sugar may be added without harming the recipe, if you like sweeter muffins.
- To the basic recipe given above, these variations will give you a variety of options. Add, at any point in the recipe, and cook per above instructions.
- APPLE MUFFINS: Add 3/4 cup finely diced, peeled apples, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg. Increase sugar to 3 tablespoons.
- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS: Add 1/2 cup canned, drained blueberries, or 1/2 cup fresh to batter.
- RASPBERRY MUFFINS: Add 1/2 cup fresh berries to batter. Increase sugar to 3 rounded Tablespoons, or a bit more if you like sweeter muffins.
- BANANA MUFFINS: Add 1/2 cup mashed banana, and 1/4 Celsius chopped nuts.
- CORN MUFFINS: Reduce water to 1/2 cup. Add 1/2 cup cream style corn to egg & water.
- DRIED FRUIT MUFFINS: Add 3/4 cup cooked, finely chopped dried fruit (apricots, peaches, raisins, dates, prunes, etc.) to batter.