These knife-and-fork club sandwiches rearrange all the elements of a classic hearty breakfast - runny fried over-easy eggs, whole wheat toast or English Muffin and crisp strips of bacon.;) WOW!!! Recipe by Marcia Kiesel, F&W Magazine, December 2008 edition. From: Top Weekend Breakfasts. As a matter of fact we are having these tonight along with some other breakfast items -- just a few of us! Can't wait! I really like these! This is my answer to fast foods!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices lean bacon or 8 slices pancetta or 8 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for frying
- 1 lb white mushroom, thinly sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 tomatoes, slices thinly sliced
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp, about 4 minutes per side.
- 2Drain on paper towels; wipe out the skillet.
- 3In the skillet, melt the butter in the 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 4Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Cover and cook over moderate heat until the mushrooms soften and release their liquid, about 7 minutes.
- 6Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are richly browned, about 8 minutes longer; transfer the mushrooms to a bowl.
- 7Wipe out the skillet and coat it with a thin film of olive oil.
- 8Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry them over easy over moderate heat, about 3 minutes on one side and about 30 seconds on the other side.
- 9Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- 10On a work surface, spread 8 slices of the whole wheat toast with mayonnaise.
- 11Top 4 of these with the lettuce, tomato slices and bacon; top the other 4 with the mushrooms and fried eggs.
- 12Stack the sandwiches and cover with the remaining 4 slices of toast.
- 13Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with a pickel and maybe some chips!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Fried-Egg BLT Clubs
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.5
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 257.5 mg
- Sodium 911.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 25.7 g