1/3 Photos of Mushroom & Broccoli Omelet
This makes a nice breakfast or brunch without meat. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- nutmeg, pinch
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 4 cups salad greens
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette
- 1Whisk together eggs, egg whites, half-and-half, 1/4 t each of the salt and pepper; and nutmeg; set aside.
- 2Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add mushrooms to pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 t each of salt and pepper.
- 4Cook 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in broccoli; cook 2 minutes.
- 6Scrape mushroom mixture into a bowl; set aside.
- 7Place skillet back over medium heat; coat generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- 8When pan is hot, pour in 2/3 cup of the egg mixture.
- 9Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture and a quarter of the feta down left side of the egg mixture.
- 10Cook for 2 minutes.
- 11Using a rubber spatula, fold right side of egg over mushroom and cheese.
- 12Cook 1 minute.
- 13Carefully slide onto plate; keep warm.
- 14Repeat procedure for remaining 3 omelets.
- 15Mix salad greens with vinaigrette.
- 16Serve alongside omelets.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom & Broccoli Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.2 mg
- Sodium 503.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese
reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette