The mayonnaise, believe it or not, makes all the difference in this sandwich. I and my family just have to have one every now and then. Good for a quick breakfast (if not on a diet!)
- Spread mayonnaise on bread.
- Scramble eggs in butter.
- Pile cooked eggs on bread.
- Liberally salt and pepper.
- While skillet is still hot, place cheese slice in skillet.
- Let it start to melt, then scoop it up and place on eggs.
- Of course, put other slice of bread on and oh my it is good.
great sandwich i prefer eggs sunny side up
make this all the time although I toast the bread.
A fabulous sandwich. I've been making these for years only I usually toast the bread. DH loves them as a breakfast sandwich and also packs them to work. For mine, I add a nice thick slice of tomato, YUMMO! Thanks MJane for posting.