1/2 Photos of North Woods Pancakes
My son brought this recipe home from school after a study of "Tall Tales." Supposedly Paul Bunyan ate these! I did tweak the recipe a bit to fit our tastes. This is the only recipe I use for everyday pancakes! Serving size really depends on how big you make your pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2In a smaller bowl, mix together the sugar, milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla.
- 3Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- 4Let set for about 5-10 minutes for the flour to absorb the milk mixture.
- 5Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a preheated griddle (mine is set at 325 degrees).
- 6Brown on both sides and serve hot with butter, syrup, fresh berries, or roll them up and eat plain like my son does.
- 7I sometimes add chocolate chips to each pancake individually, after pouring onto the griddle. This keeps the chips from all clumping at the bottom of the bowl or someone not getting any chips in their pancake.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Woods Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.2
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.9 mg
- Sodium 1451.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g