Wow, are you in for a treat, this is so good. My friend introduced me to the Italian Dessert Bread/Cake, il Pandoro by Battistero. It is wonderful, so delicious, light and airy.When this lovely treat dried out, I made French toast with it. Am I ever glad that I did, this is one of the best tasting French toasts I have ever tried. I am really hoping that you will enjoy this simple treat. Bon Appetite.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl, then whisk until they are frothy.
- Now add the creamer, vanilla and salt, mixing well.
- Place a pan on medium/low heat and add the butter to the pan.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, making sure to soak both sides, the bread will absorbed all the egg.
- Cook in prepared pan for 4 - 6 minutes per side.
- Watch closely to keep bottom from burning.
- You may need to flip the bread more than once to get a lovely golden brown color.
- Check to make sure the french toast is completely cooked before removing from heat.
- Garnish with the powdered sugar and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.