Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Wow, are you in for a treat, this is so good. My friend introduced me to the Italian Dessert Bread/Cake, il Pandoro by Battistero. It is wonderful, so delicious, light and airy.When this lovely treat dried out, I made French toast with it. Am I ever glad that I did, this is one of the best tasting French toasts I have ever tried. I am really hoping that you will enjoy this simple treat. Bon Appetite.
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1⁄4 cup coffee creamer, hazelnut flavored liquid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure, white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bread, Italian dessert
- 1⁄8 cup icing sugar (garnish)
- 1 tablespoon butter (for frying)
- Add the eggs to a large bowl, then whisk until they are frothy.
- Now add the creamer, vanilla and salt, mixing well.
- Place a pan on medium/low heat and add the butter to the pan.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, making sure to soak both sides, the bread will absorbed all the egg.
- Cook in prepared pan for 4 - 6 minutes per side.
- Watch closely to keep bottom from burning.
- You may need to flip the bread more than once to get a lovely golden brown color.
- Check to make sure the french toast is completely cooked before removing from heat.
- Garnish with the powdered sugar and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
I managed to get Pandoro (although by Battistero) through Amazon.com so was able to make this French toast about as accurately as I could! I even served it with the sprinkling of powdered sugar, which isn't something I normally include! Absolutely wonderful & satisfying breakfast, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for completing the Baker's Dozen Special in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
French toast is one of my favorite breakfast foods and this is the best French toast recipe that I have tried. The flavor is exceptional all on its own without the usual extras that we have on french toast. Bk thank you for a great recipe. This was made for a prize for Top Favorites of 2009.
Wonderful french toast!!! I couldn't find the Italian dessert bread/cake, so subbed regular Italian bread and then had to sub a vanilla creamer, as it was what I had on hand and need to use up. I used 3 eggs and 1/3 cup creamer and I was making this for the three of us. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Photo Tag!!