Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so yummy and it's so good for you too! Full of energy, this will help get you through the day! Adapted from the California Almond Board.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄8 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄8 cup dried cranberries
- 1 granny smith apple, unpeeled, grated (or apple of choice)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
Nut and Fruit Mix
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄4 cup green pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup cracked flax seed (pulsed in blender)
- Soak the oats, raisins and dried cranberries in water(or apple juice) overnight.
- In the morning, drain and stir in the grated apple and lemon juice.
- Add the condensed milk and stir.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbls. Nut and Fruit Mix and serve. Enjoy!
- To make Nut and Fruit Mix:.
- Combine all the ingredients and store refrigerated in an airtight jar for up to one month.
Ohhh, a FABULOUS muesli here Sharon! Will definitely repeat this one! (I could practically have eaten the whole batch, LOL) I made exactly as written, only rather than adding condensed milk (don't know a vegan sub), I soaked it in milk. Also I put chopped figs in the fruit&nut mix instead of more cranberries. That mix is addictive, by the way! For me, the combination of creamy oats and apple with crunchy nuts and seeds was just unbeatable. Thanks for a great morning bowlful!
Made the Nut and Fruit Mix 3 days ago & finally got around to making the muelsi! Had used the mix over oatmeal, & that was very good, but THIS MUELSI IS ESPECIALLY SATISFYING & makes for a great breakfast! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for my Raw Food partner in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 4]