Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes 16 servings. At sams club they sell these big bags of precooked bacon, it's a 1 pound bag, I use that instead of cooking the bacon myself. Same for the sausage, the precooked sausage I buy is cheaper than the sausage I have to cook. If you cook the bacon yourself, salt the dish. You can really cut the time on this if you do like I did and it's not more expensive!!! Use precooked bacon (if you can get it cheap like I did), precooked sausage and a cheese mix blend. I put it together in under 10 minutes, that includes cracking and stirring the eggs.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) package frozen hash browns, shreds
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups shredded jalapeno pepper cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 sausage links, cooked and diced (1 pound)
- 16 slices bacon, cooked and diced (1 pound)
- 2 cups milk
- 18 eggs
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, and
- dried onion, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 2 9x13 inch pans with cooking spray.
- Place half of hash browns into each pan, press to the bottom forming a crust.
- Drizzle half of melted butter over each dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 350.
- Put half of the chopped meats, and cheeses on the "crusts" in each pan.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and onions (as well as any other additions you might want to add like veggies).
- Mix eggs and milk in large bowl with an electric mixer (I use my stand mixer).
- Pour half the egg mixture over each pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let it stand for about 15 minutes before you put it in containers to freeze.
- Reheat a 3/4 cup serving for 3 minutes on high.
- This is really good if you alter this in lots of ways! You can use chorizo (mexican sausage) and salsa for a nice twist.