1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Nut Waffles
Is your tummy ravenous for real food? These hearty waffles made with whole wheat flour, honey, oats, and chopped nuts (I used pecans) will give you energy for the day. I found this recipe in Taste of Home Parties, Potlucks, and Barbecues from Joan Scott of Dunbar, Wisconsin. She found it in a church cookbook years ago and even occasionally serves them for supper. Taste of Home recommends for a quick waffle topping, sprinkle with fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries). Then melt some jelly with a squirt of lemon juice in the microwave and drizzle over the waffles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, and honey and stir into dry ingredients and mix well.
- 3Fold in oats and nuts.
- 4Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- 5Garnish with peaches if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Nut Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 450.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g