Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very moist muffin. Easy and quick to make. Always gets requests for the recipe. I put walnuts and brown sugar on my morning oatmeal, so I thought 'why not incorporate them into a muffin recipe'?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place paper liners in each of 12 muffin cups.
- Whisk eggs well, then whisk in oil, oatmeal and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda until there are no more lumps of brown sugar. Add walnuts and toss to coat.
- Add liquid mixture and fold in, just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. An ice cream scoop works well for this. You may have enough batter for a 13th muffin.
- Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until they test done. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the muffin pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- These freeze well.
Very good. I used mini chocolate chips and baked them as mini-muffins for 15 minutes. They came out great. Thanks for posting.
I really liked these. They were really moist and yummy.
These are really yummy and very easy to make! I like that this recipe only makes one dozen. It's perfect for when I want to whip up a snack quickly. Thanks for posting!