1/2 Photos of Old-fashion Potato Pancakes
Good ole potato pancakes..what could be better, quicker and more economical? This delicious simple recipe makes a meal, or an appetizer. Try this out on your family...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and grate potatoes and onion, place in bowl and cover; set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2Liquid will run from the potato/onion mixture.
- 3Drain any liquid that forms.
- 4Stir in the slightly beaten eggs.
- 5Add flour, salt and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- 6On the stovetop, in a large heavy skillet, heat cooking oil on medium heat.
- 7Drop potato batter into pan and flatten, (size is personal choice) and brown on both sides.
- 8Cook for 5- 7 minutes on each side.
- 9Drain on brown paper.
- 10Serve with warm cinnamon applesauce or sour cream and chives.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-fashion Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.1
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 390.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g