1/7 Photos of Old Fashioned Banana Muffins
An old fashioned recipe for moist and delicious banana muffins. This is a family favorite, great for brunch, coffee hour or bake sales.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (I use less about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (OR 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar and milk to make 1/2 cup.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (to be added to buttermilk)
- 2 eggs, separated (place yolks in small bowl, in larger bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In small bowl prepare streusel topping by combining sugar and flour, cut in butter and set aside.
- 2In bowl, measure flour, baking powder and salt; whisk to mix and set aside.
- 3Separate eggs, yolks in small bowl, whites beaten to stiff peaks in a larger bowl; set aside.
- 4Cream together butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy, add egg yolks and vanilla extract mixing to blend.
- 5Add baking soda to the buttermilk, add to batter mix.
- 6Stir in mashed bananas.
- 7Add dry ingredients stirring until mixed, gently fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 8Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two thirds full, topping with a sprinkling of the streusel topping mix.
- 9Bake in a 350 degree oven 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown; this varies from oven to oven.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 288.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g