a nice breakfast cooked overnight ready for the next morning.
Make and share this Overnight Maple French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 7 cups small cubed French bread, bottom crusts removed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- additional maple syrup, if needed
- Place cubed bread in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and gently press down. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy and gradually mix in whipping cream, and syrup.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, and fold into the cream cheese-whipping cream mixture.
- Very slowly, pour mixture, evenly over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees, for 30 minutes, or until center is set, and top is golden brown.
- Cut into squares, and serve with maple syrup.