1/1 Photo of Overnight Oven French Toast
Anna T's Note:
This is an easy recipe for a brunch or breakfast. It has a wonderful praline topping. It's always a hit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf French bread, cut 1 inch slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (I usually use more)
- 1Butter a casserole dish (large rectangular one).
- 2Fill dish with bread slices so dish is covered with bread.
- 3Mix eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- 4Pour mixture over bread slices.
- 5Refrigerate overnight (must hold overnight).
- 6Make topping: Mix butter, brown sugar& corn syrup.
- 7Stir in pecans.
- 8Spread evenly over bread slices.
- 9Bake uncovered until puffed and golden about 40 minutes at 350.
- 10Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Oven French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.8
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 168.1 mg
- Sodium 281.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g