This is an easy recipe for a brunch or breakfast. It has a wonderful praline topping. It's always a hit!
- Butter a casserole dish (large rectangular one).
- Fill dish with bread slices so dish is covered with bread.
- Mix eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over bread slices.
- Refrigerate overnight (must hold overnight).
- Make topping: Mix butter, brown sugar& corn syrup.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread evenly over bread slices.
- Bake uncovered until puffed and golden about 40 minutes at 350.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I make this all the time...I use sweetened condensed milk instead of half-and-half, and I reaplace the french loaf with peppridge farms cinnamon bread. (Sometimes with the raisons if my kids and DH aren't eating!!) VERY GOOD!!!
Was good, but very rich. For some reason, I don't like to eat very sweet things for breakfast. Was also a little 'eggy' tasting. I'd probably not make again.
Absolutely delicious! I made this for out of town company and we all loved it! I substituted evaporated milk for all the milk and it worked fine.