These are succulent and meaty, well-flavoured with herbs and lemon. They are shaped by hands before cooking and do not have skins. They remind me of the sausage my mother bought from the local butcher when I was a kid. These keep very well in the fridge or freezer and can be reheated quickly.
My Private Note
lbs, ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the meats into a large bowl and add the suet, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, nutmeg and herbs.
- 2Mix well, add the egg and mix again with a fork until everything is thoroughly combined.
- 3With floured hands, form the mixture into sausage (links) shapes.
- 4Coat each sausage with flour, shaking off any excess.
- 5Cook the sausages under a hot broiler, turning frequently, until evenly browned and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oxford Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.2
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: