Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are succulent and meaty, well-flavoured with herbs and lemon. They are shaped by hands before cooking and do not have skins. They remind me of the sausage my mother bought from the local butcher when I was a kid. These keep very well in the fridge or freezer and can be reheated quickly.
- Put the meats into a large bowl and add the suet, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, nutmeg and herbs.
- Mix well, add the egg and mix again with a fork until everything is thoroughly combined.
- With floured hands, form the mixture into sausage (links) shapes.
- Coat each sausage with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Cook the sausages under a hot broiler, turning frequently, until evenly browned and cooked through.