1/1 Photo of Pan Dulce De Calabaza - Sweet Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 15 mins
From Eating Cuban: 120 Authentic Recipes from the Streets of Havana to American Shores. This is a sweet bread that can be served for breakfast, tea, or as a dessert bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup cooked and pumpkin puree (West Indian known as Calabaza) or 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Butter a 9-x-5-inch loaf pan an d line th bottom with baking parchment or waxed paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and allspice.
- 3Place the calabaza puree, sugar, butter, and eggs in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly combine with an electric mixer. With the mixer at low speed, gradually add the flour mixture. Fold in the raisins. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- 4Bake on the middle rack of the oven until the loaf has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 5o to 60 minutes. Let the loaf cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto the rack, peel off the paper, and let it cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Dulce De Calabaza - Sweet Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (753 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2275.8
- Calories from Fat 944
- Total Fat 104.9 g
- Saturated Fat 62.3 g
- Cholesterol 667.0 mg
- Sodium 1684.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 305.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 153.5 g
- Protein 34.3 g