Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fluffy pancakes the old fashioned way. Can be doubled.
Make and share this Pantry Shortage Pancakes for 5 recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small to medium mixing bowl ( spouted is best so you can pour them).
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl .
- Gently fold wet mixture into the dry ingredients, stir until the batter is slightly lumpy.
- Pour onto a hot greased griddle in small 3 to 4 inch circles. I find that butter flavored Crisco gives them a delicious old fashioned appearance and taste. Garnish with berries and syrup.
- Serving size is approximately 10 or more pancakes; 2 cakes per serving.
I don't know why I ever buy prepared pancake mix, perhaps I am lazy!! LOL This recipe is so easy to prepare, made with ingredients we usually have in the pantry and they are really good. No sour cream, so I added a teaspoon of vinegar to sour the cup of milk, it worked fine. The end result is a fluffy, good tasting pancake. I served DH's with maple syrup and I topped mine with some homemade plum jam that didn't thicken as it should have, delicious!