Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The original recipe is from Kraft and calls for raspberries and cereal. I made adjustments to ingredients and quantities the end result was a different type of breakfast treat. I always have homemade waffles frozen and in the freezer. A store bought waffle would also work as well.
- 1 frozen low-fat whole grain waffle, lightly toasted
- 1⁄3 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- cinnamon sugar
- 3 slices canned peaches in light syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon syrup, from peach
- 2 large fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- Place the toasted waffle on a serving plate.
- In a small dish, stir the almond extract into the cottage cheese; top the waffle with the cheese and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar.
- Place the slices of canned peaches on top, sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar and then pecans; drizzle with the syrup and garnish with quartered strawberries. Enjoy!
This is a wonderful and quick breakfast to make. I love it!
It's difficult to go wrong with peaches & strawberries, I think, & this was no exception ~ great combination of flavors for a wonderful breakfast! I tripled the recipe for two of us & was generous with both fruits! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #17]