Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't seem to get enough banana bread recipes, and the addition of peanut butter is always a plus. I love the light, cakelike texture of this bread. I may increase the peanut butter next time - it's pretty subtle, although it does comes through more strongly as the bread sits (it would probably be good to make it the night before you want to eat it). I made this into mini-loaves, baked for 35-40 minutes. From Home Cooking Magazine (November-December 2004).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream brown sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add egg, bananas, peanut butter, and buttermilk.
- Gradually add flour and baking soda to the creamed mixture.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until it tests done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
This was an awesome bread. I used smooth peanut butter and increased the amount to 3/4 cup. I also added 3 oz of cream cheese (in place of the buttermilk) 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt. The bread has a very smooth and dense texture and is delish! Thanks for sharing.
Was not to fond of this one. I put the 3/4 of peanut butter, teaspoon vanilla, a little salt, and 4 bananas. The peanut butter took over. Could not really taste the banana :(
i followed the comments to add 3 oz. of cream cheese and 3/4 c of peanut butter and it was perfect!