1/6 Photos of Peanut-Butter Granola Bars
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
If you're tired of the commercial granola bars, give this one a try. The manager at the gym I go to recommended this recipe and a friend was kind enough to make a batch for me. Delicious. (Original source appears to be a magazine, though I don't know which one.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Line an 8 inch square baking pan with two criss-crossed rectangles of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang at opposite ends.
- 3In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds and cranberries.
- 4In a small saucepan, whisk together oil, brown sugar, peanut butter, cinnamon, salt and water over low heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- 5Let cool slightly; whisk in egg white.
- 6Pour over oat mixture; stir until moistened.
- 7Spread evenly in bottom of pan; smooth top.
- 8Bake until top is firm, about 30 minutes. Note: The firm top is your best indicator that it's ready - if it's too soft the granola will be crumbly, if it's too hard it will be too brittle.
- 9Let cool 10 minutes.
- 10Lift out of pan, using paper as handles.
- 11Let cool completely, cut into bars with a serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut-Butter Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g