Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had these pretty much everyday in Hong Kong. And not just once a day, but whenever I could! These are very common street snacks, and once you try them, I'm sure they will become part of your routine also! Hong Kong waffles are larger than standard American waffles, but I've found that it doesn't matter much - it still tastes just as good. There is nothing healthy in these, that's the intention, but they are sweet and delicious! If there is a certain waffle recipe you adore, feel free to use that in place of the standard one I have provided. I've provided my simple, painless waffle recipe. "Easy, Basic Waffles"
For the waffles
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
For the waffle toppings
- 4 tablespoons butter (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- For the waffles: Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix the eggs, oil and milk.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Dollop the batter into eight waffles and cook on a hot griddle, as usual.
- While the waffles are HOT, take the 8 waffles, and split the butter between them.
- Then take the peanut butter, and split between the 8 buttered waffles.
- Then take four of the waffles, and put the sweetened condensed milk on them.
- With those same 4 waffles, sprinkle the sugar on them.
- Take the other four waffles(with just the butter and peanut butter and put on top of the sugared waffles, like a sandwich.
- Voila! You now have the most sinful breakfast you could ever imagine!