I had these pretty much everyday in Hong Kong. And not just once a day, but whenever I could! These are very common street snacks, and once you try them, I'm sure they will become part of your routine also! Hong Kong waffles are larger than standard American waffles, but I've found that it doesn't matter much - it still tastes just as good. There is nothing healthy in these, that's the intention, but they are sweet and delicious! If there is a certain waffle recipe you adore, feel free to use that in place of the standard one I have provided. I've provided my simple, painless waffle recipe. "Easy, Basic Waffles"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the waffles
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
For the waffle toppings
- 1For the waffles: Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 2Mix the eggs, oil and milk.
- 3Combine dry and wet ingredients, and mix well.
- 4Dollop the batter into eight waffles and cook on a hot griddle, as usual.
- 5While the waffles are HOT, take the 8 waffles, and split the butter between them.
- 6Then take the peanut butter, and split between the 8 buttered waffles.
- 7Then take four of the waffles, and put the sweetened condensed milk on them.
- 8With those same 4 waffles, sprinkle the sugar on them.
- 9Take the other four waffles(with just the butter and peanut butter and put on top of the sugared waffles, like a sandwich.
- 10Voila! You now have the most sinful breakfast you could ever imagine!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Sugared Hong Kong Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.3
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.9 mg
- Sodium 774.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 20.5 g