This recipe is from the September 7, 2005 edition of the food section of the Chicago Sun-Times. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pear and Ginger Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled, cored, seeded, and diced fine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1To make sauce:.
- 2Stir cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in a cup.
- 3Pour into a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 4Stir in pear, crystallized ginger, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- 5Cover and simmer for five minutes or until pear is tender and pulpy.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in lemon juice.
- 8Set sauce aside.
- 9To make pancakes:.
- 10Stir together milk, melted butter, and egg in a small bowl.
- 11Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a larger bowl.
- 12Pour in milk mixture.
- 13Mix just to combine ingredients.
- 14Don't beat.
- 15Stir in pear and pecans.
- 16Coat a griddle or large heavy-bottomed skillet with oil.
- 17Heat over medium heat for thirty seconds.
- 18Add batter by 1/4 cup measure.
- 19Cook pancakes until bubbles form on surface and edges are browned.
- 20Flip over and cook second side until golden brown.
- 21Drizzle ginger and pear sauce over pancakes and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Pecan Pancakes With Pear and Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 137.1 mg
- Sodium 837.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: