This recipe I found from the Pillsbury site. I made a few changes and it was a hit with my hubby and friends at the lake. Alittle different from most breakfast gravies I have noticed.
- 1 lb jimmy dean mild sausage (any pork sausage)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 (12 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Bake biscuits according to directions on can.
- In a large skillet, fry crumbled up sausage til done and no longer pinkish.
- Drain sausage, (do not wipe pan clean) add sausage back into pan.
- Add 2 teaspoons minced garlic and simmer on low heat while making the gravy.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat melt butter and add flour, pepper, seasoning salt and basil.
- Slowly add can chicken broth and half and half.
- Bring to a boil while stirring to thicken gravy.
- Add sausage to gravy mixture.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over biscuits.