1/2 Photos of Peppered Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe I found from the Pillsbury site. I made a few changes and it was a hit with my hubby and friends at the lake. Alittle different from most breakfast gravies I have noticed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb jimmy dean mild sausage (any pork sausage)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 (12 ounce) can pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1Bake biscuits according to directions on can.
- 2In a large skillet, fry crumbled up sausage til done and no longer pinkish.
- 3Drain sausage, (do not wipe pan clean) add sausage back into pan.
- 4Add 2 teaspoons minced garlic and simmer on low heat while making the gravy.
- 5In a medium sauce pan on medium heat melt butter and add flour, pepper, seasoning salt and basil.
- 6Slowly add can chicken broth and half and half.
- 7Bring to a boil while stirring to thicken gravy.
- 8Add sausage to gravy mixture.
- 9Simmer 5 minutes.
- 10Serve over biscuits.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.1
- Calories from Fat 584
- Total Fat 64.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.7 mg
- Sodium 2488.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 39.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: