Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
DH was hungry for an omelette the other day and asked if I would make him one with Steak-Um, cream cheese and onions. I thought it was an odd combo but that was what he was craving. I have to say, it was to DIE for. He ate the first one and then asked for another. I told him I didn't think it was normal to eat 6 eggs in one day. DH likes thin omelettes so this recipe is made in our large skillet and will yield a thin omelette. If you like a thicker omelette, use a small skillet.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until tender/translucent. Transfer to small bowl.
- Add the cream cheese to the onions in the bowl.
- In the same large skillet, cook the Steak-ums (about 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Strain the meat and add to the bowl with the onions and cream cheese. Mix well softening the cream cheese so it spreads easily.
- Whip the eggs.
- Wipe out the large skillet after cooking the steak and spray with Pam (you can use butter too) and heat on medium heat.
- Add your eggs and cook until the eggs on the top are almost cooked.
- Add the steak & cheese mixture to one side of the eggs. Fold over the side of the eggs on top of the mixture. Cook a minute or two and then flip.
- Season with salt and pepper to your desire.
This was delicious. I only used 2 slices of Steak-ums, less onions but I did use the 3 eggs. It makes a big omelet but I ate the whole things it was so good. Thanks for posting this recipe.
I saw this and knew I had to make it for my husband. He loved it!!! He did say that for him there was too much steak for the 3 eggs and next time to split it up for 2 omelettes. But he said it still gets 5 stars and put it with his favorites!!! It makes a huge omelette so be ready to eat and enjoy. Thank you for a great recipe.