Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice tropical, tasting muffin Makes 30 muffins
Make and share this Pineapple Banana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 5 medium)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed undrained pineapple
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, nuts, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs; stir in bananas, pineapple and oil until blended, Add all at once to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into large greased muffin cups filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 F (180 C) over for 20-30 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
I used half wheat flour. Omitted the nuts or raisins.Added 1/4 cup coconut..Also added some leftover madarin oranges chopped and drained. Very tasty..Made 4 mini loaves and 6 muffins...
A very moist muffin. I halved the recipe and then used my JUMBO muffin tins, and got six HUGE muffins. I think I would use a little less oil next time, maybe half the oil and substitute pineapple juice for the rest of the oil, for a little more pinapple-ie flavor. All in all, a great muffin. Keep up the good cookin', Best Teen Chef!
I would recommend!! This recipe yielded a really moist muffin, I love the pineapple. I used 2 cups reg flour and 1 cup whole wheat. Next time I will use less sugar, I like a less sweet muffin for breakfast. The pineapple w/juice and sugar combination makes a sweet muffin.