1/10 Photos of Poached Eggs Technique
The fresher the eggs the better this works.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put water 1-1/2 inches deep in a large skillet and bring to boil.
- 2Add salt and vinegar for a fimer but less shiny egg.
- 3Reduce heat to a slow simmer.
- 4One at a time, break eggs into a saucer and slip into barely simmering water, keeping eggs as separated as possible.
- 5Cover skillet untill egg whites coat over yolks.
- 6Remove cover. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until whites are firm but yolks are still soft when touched with the back of a spoon.
- 7With a slotted pancake turner, lift each egg from the water and rest on a folded paper towel to absorb excess water.
- 8Trim away the loose thin white.
- 9Place on serving plate or recipe calling for poached egg.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Eggs Technique
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g