I found this loverly recipe in a cooking magazine and it instantly appealed to me! It very easy and quick to put together and makes for a wonderful breakfast. Since I like to spread my scones with some jam, I use less sugar. So if you want them to be sweeter, just take more sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, butter, poppy seeds, egg, milk and salt using the dough hooks of your mixer first and then your hands until dough is smooth (Be sure not to overmix).
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out (about 1 cm thick).
- Using a glass of about 7.5 cm in diametre cut out scones.
- Put onto a paper-lined baking sheet and brush with the egg-milk-mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C for about 15-20 minutes.