1/4 Photos of Portuguese French Toast
Lavender Lynn's Note:
Recipe is from global-recipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange rind in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Cut the bread into seven or eight slices and lay them overlapping in a large baking dish.
- 3Pour the egg mixture over the bread, covering every slice.
- 4The bread should not be entirely submerged though; the higher parts should become toasted and crispy.
- 5Dot the bread with the butter. Bake the French toast in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes until the custard is set.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 168.4 mg
- Sodium 156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: