1/7 Photos of Potato and Onion Tortilla
I found this recipe in my cookbook called "Four Ingredient Cooking", by Joanna Farrow, it is described as best-known Spanish tortilla. You can add red/yellow peppers, cooked peas, corn, grated Cheddar or Swiss cheese into the mixture in step 2, if you like, and season to taste with salt, pepper and any herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice the potatoes.
- 2Heat 5 tablespoons of the oil in a skillet and cook the potatoes and onions, turning frequently, for 10 minutes more, until the vegetables are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a large bowl with a little seasoning.
- 4Tip the potatoes and onions into the eggs and mix gently. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 5Wipe out the pan skillet with paper towels and heat the remaining oil in it.
- 6Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and spread it out in an even layer. Cover and cook over very gentle heat for 20 minutes, until the eggs are just set.
- 7Serve cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Onion Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 115.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 12.8 g